Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The year past...

It's sort of New Year's Eve around here, and I'm feeling a bit old with about seven hours left til thirty-four. It's not a monumental age--I can't run for president yet!-- or the age where the biological clock really starts to rear its quite ugly head. But it's mid-thirties, very thirty-something, a good decade and a half since you've been a teenager. It's twenty years since you started high school--twenty years!!!--and finished grade school and seen half of those notorious facebook friends.

Thirty-three was good to me, mostly, for some reasons. The year was a blur with not much new or changing in my life. No weddings or new homes or new babies. I did run ten miles for the first time. But I'm not sure there were many other firsts.

Well, I will toast thirty-three tonight before I worry too much about thirty-four. We'll have 365 days together, after all!

No comments: