Sunday, March 14, 2010

Forty

I was very pleased with my time in today's St. Patrick's Day 8K. I finished 169th out of 2382 female runners, and 33rd out of 495 runners in my age group (would have kicked ass if I were twelve months older, like 14th!). That puts my firmly in the top 6-7% of runners. Yeah, I think. I feel like crap now, stuffed, but am happy. I seriously felt faint at the end. While I don't need to be running 5 minute kilometers or running 8:03/mph (seriously, that is faster than my intervals. I didn't even think I could go that fast.

I am proud of myself, but next Saturday is the real test....how am I ever going to finish 13 miles? I will be happy with very deliberate 9 minute miles, or even ten minutes. I just want to finish!

PR 5K: 25:13...how did I run the last almost two miles so fast?!?

No comments: