Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Remembering Grandpa Charlie

Yesterday Grandpa Charlie would have turned 96 years old! 96! Like I did for Grandpa Joe, here are some wonderful memories I have of him.

1. He was the biggest movie buff. Discount or new or old flicks. I used to like going to Universal Mall with him and getting lunch and seeing a movie.
2. He was always so well-dressed, so careful with his appearance. Always classy.
3. Sweet and low in his Napa wine!!!!
4. It's Holy Week, and I am sure he is praying with us now. He was such a good, strong Catholic, such a man of faith.
5. He was a man of service, from Meals on Wheels to being an Usher to all of his work with the St. Mark's Seniors Club. Always thought of others.
6. He was a card shark! He had wonderful friends like the Parols and I loved how they would get together for cards.
7. He was a "ladies man" in his old age, with all of the senior ladies liking the fact he could still drive! He'd pull up to mom & dad's and hang out for a while and then drive home.
8. He liked to travel, to Vegas or Up North or his bus trips to Holland, Michigan. I'm sure he would have traveled more if he could have.
9. He persevered through what must have been a rough childhood, but he never complained.
10. He was a wonderful husband, father, and grandfather. His example of taking care of grandma is something all men should emulate. I will never forget his dedication and love for her, his absolute devotion and his character. He was a wonderful role model. I miss him every day.

No comments: