Thursday, August 26, 2010

New Music Lately

I've been on a buying spurt of new albums lately. The new Ra Ra Riot is going to get mediocre reviews from me. Boy is the strongest single, and the rest of the album is much more mellow. Arcade Fire is fine, but not something I'm going to listen to often. The suburban vibe does resonate, though. I am glad I finally broke down and bought Infinite Arms, from Band of Horses. I had downloaded several of the singles already, and when it was a bargain sale on Amazon, I had to get the rest. It's good, rootsy, listen-able music I can run to or just have on in the background. I also bought the Mynabirds, which I've already listened to several times. Great music--Dusty Springfield is often the comparison--but it sort of reminds me more of Duffy. Love that. I also bought Delta Spirit, just because I loved Bushwick Blues. Such a great tune, and a definite on my list of favorite songs of 2010 (wow, only four months left in the year, already!).

So what is next? I am sure I will find something I like quite a bit.

No comments: