Thursday, August 5, 2010

Crazy Raining

It's about to start thunderstorming outside. Dark and ominous, windy and deserted streets. I'm having a bored day, so I am enjoying some down time just staring out the window and listening to the Avett Brothers.

And now sirens.

It is fitting my mood today, bittersweet and melancholy and just down. I'm not sure why. Dissatisfaction with work, tired from travel, overwhelmed with house stuff, homesick a bit, feeling bloated, etc. etc. A good rain can be like a good cry and wash some of this away.

I've been following the Operation Beautiful blog stuff. I still don't buy the concept, because while positivity is all well and good, it's also superficial. It doesn't address, or embrace, the fact that some people live unhealthy lives and need a serious wake-up call. No, everyone is not beautiful. Some people are ugly and they don't have a beautiful bone in their bodies. Some people need to find the strength from within to improve, not a Generation-Y endorsed "We're all wonderful!" message. Seriously. I think it being so Gen Y is what irritates me the most.

Rain rain don't go away. I am enjoying it right now.

No comments: