Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Home

Today was a day "off" but after a red-eye, errands galore (oil change, Target, bridesmaid dress, hair stuff, etc., yet another purchase at Crate), I don't feel like I had much relaxing time. Plus the entire house smells like polyurethane after all of the floor work we have had done. I am very optimistic that everything will look nice once we complete the work, but we'll be a little broker too. And it will be worth it.

Only two trips next week, sheesh. I am tired of travel. San Francisco was great but I was so tired yesterday and I still have not slept. After B&N, I walked back toward Chinatown and the Italian part of town. I stopped in the (in)famous City Lights bookstore, and then got a bite to eat. I was feeling woozy and dehydrated. After some time chilling in the airport and two glasses of wine, I made it home. And one more Peet's scone.

So I've put on a few pounds, and I find it a bit inexplicable. Granted, I've been eating crap lately, but I have maintained regular workouts and the scale jumped overnight, almost literally. I am going to stick to salads the next couple of lunches and just be healthier again. Almost like a detox. Even the bridesmaid's dress was tight! I think the heat, lack of sleep, irregular eating, and just general stress of a hectic month have caught up with me. It'll be okay, I'm sure. I will get up earlier and run again tomorrow, and I will be far, far away from San Francisco thai food. Oh god that was good.

And the weekend ahead should be quite quiet, right? That is a good thing. Next week, though, not so much! But our furniture will arrive, work travel will end, and that I am looking forward to.

No comments: