Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Old Age

So this is random, but I saw a post that Selena Gomez is turning 18 tomorrow. Her mother is my age; actually, she's about a month or two younger than me. I could be the mother of an 18 year old.

I don't have children. Selena Gomez could conceivably have a child before me, making her 34 year old mother a grandmother. That is frighteningly.

I was always taken aback when I think of how girls from school have teenagers already. I cannot imagine having a teenager, and how much that would have changed my life. Your priorities are so different. I would not have wanted that path. I do give those women credit for being good moms, keeping their babies, and working to have a better life for their families.

God, can you imagine being 34 and having an 18 year old daughter? Just blows me away.

No comments: