Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend Wine Tour

We spent yesterday with Nate and Meg on a Living Social Wine tour. Way TOO much wine, but it was fun. The first stop was Linganore in Maryland. We tried an insane amount of 15 or so wines that left me dehydrated in the steamy 90+ degree weather. Some of the whites were pretty mediocre and the fruit wines, while tasty and sweet, were basically on the level of a Boone's. We split a bottle of the Traminette, a semi-sweet Gewürztraminer. We also brought a bottle of Chambourcin, described as "a rich full-bodied red dinner wine. Overtones of raspberry and oak make this wine perfect for fine dining." It had a smokey, tobacco flavor.

Afterwards we visited Black Ankle, which I thought was as good as any California winery I've visited. We loved the Syrah and picked up a bottle of that. We also purchased and broke open a bottle of the
Passeggiata 2008, described as "a light to medium bodied wine, with a translucent ruby color and hints of raspberries and butterscotch on the nose. This wine dances across the palate with notes of vanilla, red fruits and exotic spices." I also loved the Viognier. I do have to say I was tired of wine by the end of the day, though I am very glad we did the tour.

It was a busy crazy hectic weekend but always good to see friends.

No comments: