Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mini Book Reviews: A Foray into Fiction

I finished The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo in record time, a week, over our vacation. The book was a quick read, and I found it the perfect blend of mystery, suspense, strong characters, and an engaging plot that surprised me with its twists and turns. Yeah, the book is super violent and Larsson does seem to have had something against women. But I've already bought the sequel, and I'm glad I have at least a third volume to read after that. The author's tragic death is something you do think a bit about as you read the tale, because you know there will never be a real ending to this tale.

I still have a few pages left in the Time Traveler's Wife, but I'm glad I read it. It's romantic, tragic, suspenseful, heartbreaking, and again--great characters make the story. I would see the movie, though I hear the book is far better.

I am just too picky about reading, and I still prefer non-fiction, but I definitely do need to read a bit more fiction.

No comments: