Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Best of 2010 Thus Far

NPR's All Songs considered ranked the top 50 albums of the year, thus far. I am pleased to say I own many of these, or have downloaded tracks from many of these. I've highlighted my picks, in no particular order. Most glaringly missing: Shout Out Louds. Probably my personal #1? The National and Frightened Rabbit. Also am becoming a big fan of Deer Tick's The Black Dirt Sessions.
  1. The National: High Violet
  2. Mumford and Sons: Sigh No More
  3. Spoon: Transference
  4. Sleigh Bells: Treats
  5. Band of Horses: Infinite Arms
  6. Broken Social Scene: Forgiveness Rock Record
  7. Josh Ritter: So Runs The World Away
  8. Frightened Rabbit: The Winter Of Mixed Drinks
  9. Surfer Blood: Astro Coast
  10. Freelance Whales: Weathervanes
  11. Blitzen Trapper: Destroyer Of The Void

No comments: