Thursday, July 22, 2010

Speedwork

One thing about running I'm not crazy about is speedwork. Now I know it's important, but ugh. I do credit it with helping me to meet my time goal for the half, and if I want to beat 1:30 for the Army Ten Miler, I absolutely need to do more of it. We hit the gym tonight, and I did 4.5 miles in 41 minutes, with that first four miles in under 35 minutes. 8:45. I did an 8 mph minute, but rotated between the usual cycle. I do feel good when it's done. It is SO hot out now, and runs last like last night's four miler are just tough. But I do need to do them. I completed my 10K by running home. It's 8:42 pm and it's still 90 degrees out! WTH. I am SO over summer. I was warmed up and easily able to run that last 1.5. But running in 80 or 70 or the wonderful bliss of 60 degree weather just does not compare.

But with all of the drinking ahead the next few days, I needed to burn off those calories!

No comments: