Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mid-summer

It's already mid-July and that means it's half way to Labor Day, half-way to Memorial Day. The summer is flying by and there are things going on virtually ever week between now and September. Work trips, Texas, visits with friends, hopefully an end of summer trip to see Donna. It has been so hot out that in a way, I'm already ready for Fall. It's hot and humid and uncomfortable. We've had a brief respite the last couple of days with slightly cooler temps because of the storms. But still...stickiness and it's in the 90s nearly every day. Pony tail weather, really.

I love the long nights and I hated the winter storms that kept us cooped up. But I crave days where the high is 80 and it can be in the 70s when I run at night. It's been bearable these last two days, and I know it will only go up.

We had St. Lucia, but in other ways, it hasn't felt like summer. No barbeques or movies. But as much as I want it to hurry, it can slow down. Already slow down.

No comments: