Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday Runs

The big event tonight is the Cowboys-Eagles game, so while I'm enjoying a few quiet minutes before the craziness begins, I thought I'd update!

I had a good 10K treadmill run that I did in intervals...when there is no fresh reading material that is the best way to make the time pass, and I rarely regret that I did. I need to start planning for the half...which is intimidating, still. I know I can do it, but I want to do it fast, and I want to do it strong. I am so tired of this cold weather, because I really want to get in one good outdoor run a week. It's supposed to go into the 40s next week, which is a big improvement. I really do detest winter. It's so dreary and so dark, and I miss having the daylight after work to get in a good run, which is so invigorating and stress-reducing all at the same time. But at least two more months of this, sigh.

I plan to increase my mileage a bit in long Saturday runs, but I'm not going to train that much differently than the Ten Miler. Strive for five work outs a week, or four depending on scheduling. Run at least four of those sessions, and maybe a shorter spurt if I work out more than four times a week. I feel like I don't get that same burn or that "runner's high" without running. Though I should publicly state that I really do need to get more flexible. I feel so creaky and stiff and old!! Sigh. I was eyeing the yoga bags at Target. A good yoga bag and mat might not be such a bad birthday gift, or just a gift to myself. I need to get past the intimidation factor, too, but I never thought I could be a real runner. So maybe I can be a yogi, too, someday.

No comments: