Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Newish Music

I've been enjoying the two new songs I've heard from Basia Bulat, Gold Rush and Heart of My Own. "In the Night" is one of my favorite tunes, and I'm really liking her new stuff. The tone of her voice is edgy and has just the right rawness to make her one of my favorite female artists. Sort of like Brandi Carlile.

I'm also enjoying the new Laura Marling tune. I really need to make the resolution this year to get to some more concerts, and to drag the husband to hear some of the new tunes. We have a great venue nearby the in the Rock & Roll Hotel. Not to mention the Birchmere, Iota, 930 Club, Black Cat, etc. Sigh. I really should be a rocker chick. It's not THAT much trouble to keep up with things and know what is cool, right? It's really more trouble to find anyone to go with!

No comments: