Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Travel Fatigue

I haven't even left for CA left and I'm tired.

This is trip #3 to California this year. Then it's a litany of trips, including New Orleans, NY, NY, Detroit, Chicago, Phoenix, possibly LA, and northern California. I'm tired just thinking about it. I'd rather stay home, getting moving behind me, and rest.

Or take a real vacation like my brother. Go to Europe, or Mexico, or Hawaii, or anywhere in the Caribbean.  No computers. No emails. No noisy neighbors. No headaches.

I'm tired of work travel. But there's no way out of it, is there?  I guess babies are a way out, but I'm not thinking that will happen soon. I'm 35 and without a plan.

The day started out well, with free Starbucks and King Cake. It is Mardi Gras, or Paczki Day, after all. But I'm feeling tired and bummed and my eye is still fuzzy. It's been a long one.

No comments: