Monday, March 21, 2011

New Orleans 2011

We had another foodie extravaganza this past weekend in New Orleans. Meeting, blah. Time with friends was much better.

Dinner on Friday was at Muriel's Jackson Square. I foolishly indulged in an awful, cough syrupy hurricane before hand and pretty much ruined my appetite. I had a corn & crab bisque, BBQ Shrimp (New Orleans Barbeque shrimp enhanced with Abita beer and rosemary; served with a chipolte-parmesan grit cake), and Vanilla Bean Créme Brûlée.  I should have gotten the bread pudding.  Everything was delicious, though I don't think my stomach was doing so well the next day. 

Saturday lunch was on the lighter side at Galatoire's.  I just had shrimp creole. Again, too much even with that. Tummy was bothered after a five mile run down St. Charles.  I never even made it to any shops this time.


We had dinner Saturday night at Ralph's on the Park. We had oysters rockefeller reprise, with spnach custard and bacon breadcrumbs.  This was followed by turtle soup and blackened redfish with a shrimp dressing.  The only disappointment was the bread pudding, which was like soggy french toast. And no special upgrades in wine, oh well.  We ended up Davenport Lounge at the Ritz.  It was a little crazy, room 792 included.


Great weekend but too much to do.

No comments: