Thursday, March 24, 2011

RIP Elizabeth Taylor

Elizabeth Taylor died yesterday at the age of 79.  I read an interesting tidbit that she was one day younger than Johnny Cash.  Two legends, two Pisces.

I thought this was an interesting quote for one of her last interviews:
"I never planned to acquire a lot of jewels or a lot of husbands," she said in the interview. "For me, life happened, just as it does for anyone else. I have been supremely lucky in my life in that I have known great love, and of course … some incredible and beautiful things."  
How true. Your intentions never truly play out in life.  Sometimes, things happen totally different than planned, and the things you plan turn out terribly different than how you intended.  Her life demonstrates what a fabulous journey 79 years on earth can bring you, and I am sure she lived with very few regrets at the end.  She knew great love and terrible sorrow.  Fantastic achievements and I'm sure her share of despair.  Don't we all.  And she lived a marvelous life, and her legacy in her efforts against AIDS are truly lasting. Rest in Peace.

No comments: