Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Birthday Week

It's the husband's birthday, 37 today. And I have three more days left til I turn 35.

This year marks a life milestone, in a way, of being in advanced maternal age. Doesn't matter if you have a baby or not. If you google "turning 35" a number of bittersweet blog posts pop up, some funny and others quite sad. This one was funny and it referenced a Sex & the City episode I remember quite well.  Carrie was about to turn 35 and was faced with checking that box 35-44, as opposed to the old reliable 18-34.  That episode is a decade old. Wow.

I'm faced with moving up to the next age bracket at races, though I don't want to be a fast 35 year old, but rather a slow 34 year old.

I wish I was entering this year a little happier, a little more settled, and a little more certain.  Instead, I don't know what the year will bring, but I'm afraid yet again I will be disappointed.  I want and need more, and thinking I will be turning 36 before I know it, with things as is in this holding pattern, well, I'm not crazy about it.

Anyway, let's see what the week brings.

No comments: