Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Cave Singers

I went to see the Cave Singers and Lia Ices last night at the Red Palace.  It was a great little concert venue only located a couple of blocks from home. Lia Ices was a combination of Bjork and Tori Amos. I can't say I came out a huge fan of hers, but she was interestingly modest.

I thought the Cave Singers were terrific in their short and sweet set. I have to say their lead singer reminded me of Casey Abrams from American Idol. They were so fun musically, just jamming and using all sorts of musical instruments in cuts from all of their albums. They did Beach House as part of their encore; I was super happy about that.  The crowd was definitely white hipster.  Good to see people out and about in the 'hood.

And I'm glad I finally got out, all by my lonesome. Why oh why do I not go to more shows?!?!

No comments: