Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Music Lately IV

I'm really enjoying the new REM CD, which is streaming right now at NPR Music. Discoverer is a great single, catchy and upbeat and still reminiscent of class REM.  I have at least three singles on my ipod, and I'm tempted to buy the full one next Tuesday when it's released. Good stuff.

Also, I'm enjoying Middle Brother, though it's freebies Me Me Me and Middle Brother remain my two favorite songs. I'm not disappointed, but was hoping it would be a little catchier the first couple of times I listened to it. I still have the new Adele, Cave Singers, and Telekinesis in rotation on the ipod.  The Cave Singers get better with each listen. Rolling in the Deep and Someone Like You are great songs, and I liked the unplugged version offered on Amazon of the latter song.

I also like Hayes Carll's KMAG YOYO which I need to download.  Plus, SXSW is coming up and I'm sure there will be some great streaming opportunities and hopefully a free itunes playlist or two! And one day, if I'm lucky, I'd love to attend in person...

No comments: