Monday, March 28, 2011

Ladies Dinner

We had a fun ladies night out dinner at The Liberty Tavern in Arlington on Saturday night. Much to celebrate!

I started with a half-portion of the "Gnocchi trumpet royal, hedgehog and porcini mushrooms, cotechino sausage, arugula."  Wow, was it good. A little salty, but that's ok. I could have eaten this entire portion for my entree.  I followed up with" Georges Bank Haddock wrapped in house bacon, with buckwheat polenta, roasted Brussels sprouts, chestnuts, pink peppercorns, chestnut-rosemary emulsion."  Also very delicious.  I just couldn't finish it all, though.  I am loving the polenta, the bacon was perfect, and the fish very nicely cooked.  We then shared a cheese plate and decaf coffees, like the rebels we are. Very  nice meal! And I had two delicious cocktails: "Hemingway Daquiri Cruzan Light Rum, Fresh Lime, Ruby Grapefruit, Luxardo, Up" and another that does not appear to be listed. I was a happy girl.

I had brunch at Jackson 20 on Sunday. I think the hash brown and free fruit plate were the best parts of the meal. Coffee was eh. And the plentiful bacon was great, but not the best bacon.  $10 for bacon and eggs weren't bad though.

I cannot complain, though. Good eating weekend, with tacos on Sunday  night. And a really good Bertolli Shrimp pasta on Friday night that fueled my 8 mile run.

No comments: