Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Texas

Julie's wedding, despite a little drama, was fantastic.  Having mom and dad there was special, and I miss them already.  They arrived Thursday and we drove to South Padre and had dinner at Dirty Al's and drinks at Wahoo's--mom really liked the Wahoo drink!  Friday was more food, stuffing ourselves at Los Alsados, and watching Aly enjoy his ribs at their rehearsal dinner. Saturday was the wedding, with a touch service at church followed by a buffet dinner at the Harlingen Museum.  Really very special few days.

It has been a tough couple of weeks. I'm exhausted, feeling fat through this inexplicable weight gain, and I don't like the change of season. I wish someone would just admit that Fall isn't the best season! I prefer spring, when days grow longer and warmer, instead of shorter and colder. It's cold out today, and it's been rainy and dreary.  It was great being back to summer in Texas, and I rather appreciated that.  I'm tired of looking out at gray skies in the 36 hours or so we've been home.

And it was nice having family nearby. It's so hard without it, so hard not having familiar faces to vent to nearby.  It was cute seeing mom and dad dancing; I'll remember that.  It was great having a baby and kids running around, and it made my heart yearn for that. It was great to feel comfortable. At least the holidays are just around the corner.

No comments: