Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Feel Good

The ongoing Chilean miner rescue is in the news today. I watched a few moments of it this morning, and I was struck at how profound and almost spiritual the operation was. The gratitude, the faith in God--truly, the celebration that each and every rescue was an event--it does feel good.  Many have expressed that God was with them over these past two plus months, and in a time when that level of faith is not emphasized, it is a good day.

I am sure Hollywood will dramatize this somehow, but there's no need. What a wonderful story, and as the rest are rescued, I hope things continue to go so smoothly.

And here's one sweet angle:
Richard Villaroel, 26, said by phone that he was excited about reuniting with his wife, who is expecting a baby this week. "I didn't sleep at all last night," he said. "I couldn't."

No comments: