Monday, February 1, 2010

California Weekend

We had our annual conference this weekend at the Reagan Library. Gosh how perfect and beautiful and sunny and 65 degrees was it there! (in contrast to the snowy weekend DC endured!!). I spent some time hanging out on Santa Monica's Third Street Promenade and saw the insipid movie "When in Rome." When a movie isn't screened in advance, there's a reason, absolutely. We had dinner at Patina on Friday night. I had a vegetable mosaic appetizer followed by the Australian Barramundi. Also some sort of pear/fruity beignet dessert that escapes me. Great dinner with good friends.

I saw movies on the plane...Fame, which was the perfect entertaining plane film that I may not have ever seen, and Motherhood, which I had never heard of. It was sort of the woe-is-me liberal conception of motherhood, where you lose yourself and then find yourself. Pretentious blogging, an under-appreciated husband. But I gladly killed 90 minutes watching it.

But back to work today.

No comments: