Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lunchtime Workout

So for the first time ever, I headed over to the nearby Results to get my run on at lunch time. Usually, the prospect of getting a good run in and showering and re-applying is a bit daunting, but in light of the mounds and mounds of snow, the lack of daylight, and the inability to drive to the gym, I needed to get a run on!

I did about 5.1 miles in 48 minutes in. Did the 5 miles in 46-ish minutes and then cooled down. It was great, though it definitely took a little while to get properly warmed up. Like twenty minutes, then I was rarin' to go. Five miles is good. I NEED to get a good long run in on Saturday morning. Preferably outdoors. Hopefully these 40 degrees days stick around, and any threat of snow disappears permanently for 2010.

I think I should commit to at least one lunch time workout a week. It does free up my evening time. And if I can make it a few more weeks, it'll be daylight savings time. And I can get an occasional morning run in.

No comments: