Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Run

The winter workouts, when I can't get to the gym on my usual obsessive basis, are turning into tests of endurance. Between my five mile run yesterday, and the walk to HT, I ended up going about 9 miles. Today, with a very fast 4 miles on the treadmill, and my walk to church, I ended up going close to 7.5. Whoo. I felt SO good on the treadmill, and I easily could have gone further, but I did not want to overdo it. Plus, I am already sore/inflexible in that sense, and I want to sneak in a run tomorrow. Actually, I want to attempt the dreaded outdoor run in the snow/ice. I am tired of trekking to the gym, and if I find cement, I can do well. It's in the 30s, so if I can make it out before the snow/ice/sleet mix we're expecting, I want to do that.

I bought lamb loin shanks for dinner, and we'll open up some good wine. I chatted with Liz earlier, and I saw a baby baptized at church today. Not a bad Valentine's Day!

No comments: