Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ten Mile Run

Well, despite about two or three hours of sleep, I managed to hit the mall for about a ten mile run this morning. I was slowed down at times by the ice/snow, but I managed. Down Maryland, past the Capitol to the Washington Monument, to the Lincoln Monument, around to the Jefferson and FDR Monuments, and past Washington again, to the Capitol, down Constitution Avenue and home. Whew. Sore sore sore. I am a bit hungry now but I hope to indulge later!

The half is four weeks from today, and I hope I can be ready for it. I am intimidated by the distance, but today felt very reassuring, especially since I wasn't so rested. I think I will do one longer run in two weeks, hopefully hydrate better than H20, and bring some energy along with me. I easily burned 1200 calories, yikes!

No comments: