Thursday, April 30, 2015

Goodbye 1015

After 16 years, I'm leaving 1015. Not moving far, to 1776. And not leaving a job. Just a relocation.

I'm so used to my view of 18th Street, and my new view is arguably better, of two streets. And we'll have some new amenities, and we'll be modern, with some new furniture.

So many memories here, though, of the 2000 election and 9/11, certainly. Of former colleagues, learning of M's death, hearing of engagements and new babies and celebrating birthdays. Lots of quiet moments, tears, and frustrations. Late nights and early mornings. Escapes to Borders across the street, a couple of incarnations of Jack's below. Lots of coffee. Lots of walks to R's desk, and lots of closed door conversations with colleagues/friends. Angry moments. Ridiculous moments. Incredulous moments.

So here's to a new place to work...and here's to the old. I hope I won't be there for 16 years, though!


No comments: