Friday, April 24, 2015

The End of Grey's...

Internet is a-buzzing about about McDreamy's death last night on Grey's Anatomy. I haven't watched the full episode yet, and I am not sure that I will. But it disturbed me last night, and the senseless of this as "entertainment" haunted me as a I drifted off to sleep. I think I'm done with watching tragedy as entertainment. Sure, his good-bye will make you think a bit more about your loved ones, about the temporal nature of being and how any moment can bring you to your knees. But a television show? Where plane crashes have killed siblings, Alzheimer's killed mothers, where people are shot...I never watched the episode where Jackson & April's child died, because really--that is supposed to be entertainment? The actress was pregnant! Not entertainment.

So I don't think I will be regularly tuning in to the show anymore. I live too much in my head, and I don't need to be haunted by "this could happen to you..." We all know that. We don't need to see our nightmares play out in real life.

No comments: