Monday, April 6, 2015

Monday Musings

1. I don't recall the last truly great weekend I had for Easter. Not this one.
2. We're supposed to engage with Cuba or Iran or with gay marriage opponents. They don't need to see into Christians' eyes, or experience the perspective of those Cuban refugees who have been persecuted for decades.
3. I remember being heartbroken a few months ago with news of the plane crash that killed most of the Gemmell family. I found this update from February.
"As I've told my daughter, we don't want to let this completely defeat us," he said. "We don't want this to become what defines our lives, or ruins the rest of our lives going forward. For the most part, we just need to persevere and do what we can to honor Marie, Cole and Devin."

If there's one thing Ken Gemmell wants others to know, it's this: "Just how great of a mother she was. She really did love the kids so much."
Wow. I think of them after Easter, how death didn't defeat Jesus Christ, and the love he had to lay down his life for his friends. There's something profoundly moving and inspirational amidst the tragedy. It's hard to read any of the GoFund Me accounts. I am not that strong.
4. There have been too many pregnancy announcements lately, and I'm quietly depressed by it. I am not sure I can continue following along the cute facebook updates, the celebrity moms, etc. So there. I said it.
5.  Good advice. Easier said than actually implemented.


No comments: