Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Ten Things I Think

1. All of this ridiculous controversy over the Indiana RFRA makes me very concerned that religious liberties are going to become even more acceptable to discriminate against. The sweeping generalizations that the left has made about it, the painting of Republicans and religious conservatives as intolerant bigots, and the media bias toward this is beyond the pale.

2. So much good music lately, including Courtney Barnett, Lord Huron, Death Cab, Laura Marling...I'm feeling more optimistic that this year's music will be as good as two years ago.

3. It's April and it snowed in Michigan yesterday. I really hope next week is warm in the Midwest.

4. Why oh why is Monica Lewinsky in the headlines? But if it reminds people of how shamefully the Clintons treated her, all the better.

5. Sick of getting Ted Cruz campaign calls. When will Scott Walker enter?

6. One month about done, and 11 more left in my 30s. I can't...

7. Very concerned about good health lately. Just worried.

8. I'm looking forward to trying Blue Apron again tomorrow night and this weekend. I need to cook more and branch out. Of the first group, turkey chilli was my favorite. I loved the addition of avocado.

9. It's been nice to have some girl time this past Saturday and with Sara's shower. I cannot believe they have their baby already. Funny saying already, after so many years of waiting, though.

10. I'm almost done with "A Peace to End All Peace." Shameful at how Great Britain and France carved up the Middle East and how the United States abdicated all leadership then. It's been very educational reading these books on Islam and the WWI/post-WWI era and how that laid the foundation for so many years of tragedy in that region.

And I need to write more. I know.

No comments: