Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday Ten

1. Chicago, and Acadia, made for some good eating. The seven mile run didn't hurt, either.
2. Lowlight: that text from Michelle. D made a good point, and I was thinking it, too, though I didn't want to articulate it. She was needlessly provocative, and frankly, she was hurtful. And I know she is hurting herself, and she is in pain and maybe not thoughtful. But it was defensive and designed to make us feel like bad people. It is hard to "abandon" someone when they turn you away at every visit. But I don't know.
3. The epic dinner speech. We will be talking about that for a while...
4. Sunshine and 70s. Best time of the year. And full bloom cherry blossoms.
5. Enjoying a lot the San Fermin album.
6. The Americans and Mad Men are my two favorites right now. But last night's Megan-centric episode just was weak to me.
7. Presidential announcements are coming...Ted Cruz and Hillary and Rand Paul and Marco Rubio. Many to come.
8. The weekend WSJ is a simple pleasure on flights home.
9. Happy to have some of the block party bureaucracy behind us.
10. How many days til Friday?

No comments: