Monday, June 15, 2015

Six Weeks Later...

So I never intended to step away for these last six weeks. Time passes fast. Travel. Friends. Block Party. California and Vegas and Phoenix and Philly and New York and New Jersey. This and that.

I just haven't wanted to write. It's not for the lack of something to say. I feel like I have nothing but thoughts to vocalize, and I have nothing but a void to fill.

I have less time than a baby's gestation before turning 40. I am simultaneously hyper aware of my age and utterly in denial, oblivious to the point of utter avoidance. I want to dwell on the summer, travel to Texas and Michigan and the Bahamas and Iceland and Cincinnati. I want to dwell on 4th of July fireworks and hot days and roofdeck parties and cocktails and those other friends turning 40.

So where to it? I need to focus on doing something positive for myself. Aging gracefully, writing, enjoying the mantra of here and now. And then what...

No comments: