Thursday, September 23, 2010

Visitor

I was lucky enough to see Donna again briefly, last night. She was in town for a conference. It's been so nice seeing her this past month, and I'm sad to think it could be awhile before we get together again. Now I look forward to seeing mom & dad.

There are times that marriage can be lonely...well, that is not the best word to use at time.  I think not having a super close friend here in town can be lonely, though I'm fortunate to have people like Liz and Jenny here. I think it's more of a matter of not having anyone who has known me for more than a decade or so here, because sometimes having a longer history is a good thing.  Something to cherish.  And yeah, it is hard to make friends.

And not that I don't consider my husband my best friend, not at all. But it is what it is, because sometimes female friendships are something you just need in a different way.  And easing into those relationships with people you have not seen in a year or two, it is so easy. So darn easy.

No comments: