Thursday, September 2, 2010

9/02/10 Day

Several entertainment sites are pointing out that today is 90210 day...9/02/10...September 2, 2010. Get it? I was a big fan of the show in the 1990s, though I don't think I really started watching til the second half of the first season. I remember some girls at Star talking about it. The show was a bit risque then...teenage sex, alcohol issues, stuff that was very scandalous twenty years ago. Actually, that is the real milestone: Twenty years ago, this coming October 4th, marks the big anniversary. Twenty years ago I started high school. And that was such a big deal!

I still watch 90210 reruns on Soapnet, when I get a chance. I liked Donna & David, and I'm glad they hooked up at the end. I didn't like Kelly Taylor then, but I'm a bigger fan of Jennie Garth now. Shannen Doherty was like the original bad girl, long before Lindsey Lohan and Paris Hilton were teens. Though Shannen was so tame; it's ridiculous now.

90210 also shaped popular fashion, music, lingo, and just overall style at a time I was in high school. How things have, and have not changed, since.

No comments: