Monday, September 20, 2010

Too Much to Do Weekends II

Between computer's blue screen of death, husband's stress, Cowboys imploding, and being over-extended, not to mention work frustrations, I've had a better time of it than recently. Sure, the weekend was jam-packed: drinks at E&C with Chris & Stacy, dinner with Liz & Eric at Bistro Cacao, or volunteering at the H Street Festival, with upwards of 20,000 attendees.

I am SO burned out. SO burned out. I just want to take a mental health day and not do anything. Though my mental health break would consist of running around like a crazy woman. Picking up shoes, waiting for furniture, squeezing in a run, going shopping, etc.

I need to breathe. I need to relax. I need to put aside the daily stresses of everyday life and know that I need to take time for me. Selfishly for me. But I'm not so good at that.

No comments: