Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Tribute to Paste

The other day I noted that Paste will cease publishing a print magazine. I'm very sad about that--since I started subscribing I have learned of many new artists, which I mentioned a few the other day. I've learned about new music in a few ways over the years--Sunday night radio, Virgin samplers (RIP), WOXY (RIP), and Paste. Discovering new music and falling in love with an artist has been one of the few creative outlets I've had, along with running. It's so fantastic to hear someone new and find that you just love and connect to their music. Paste has facilitated that, and I always looked forward to getting their samplers. One reason I bought this computer was because their CDs weren't downloading to my Dell!

Anyway, I know there are tons of music blogs I can use to find new tunes, and right now, I will continue to rely on All Songs Considered as one site. Paste is still updating its site too, but it isn't the same. I am an old-fashioned girl who still subscribes to a newspaper, and I prefer reading a hard copy to staring at a screen. Paste magazine will be very missed.

No comments: