Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Toronto

I was procrastinating a bit writing this post, because it was a lovely weekend spent with good friends and I don't want to forget it. I really miss those ladies. I miss have a good friend here, who has known me forever, and will be there when I need them. And being able to be there for the friends. But hey....

We arrived and went to a super noisy, night-clubesque Spice Route. Once our ears stopped ringing, we went to Donna & Jeff's fantastic little condo right across from the Sky Dome/Roger's Center and Lake Ontario. So awesome...beautiful running trails and such a perfect location.

The next morning we went to the best brunch I think I've ever had. This great little French bakery. I had a quiche with the best eggs ever. So light and so fluffy. We walked along the lake and then went over to the Distillery District for Balzac's Coffee. Such a good chai latte! We walked around the Market. That night we had dinner at this Persian restaurant Banu. SO good too. I had a vodka sekanjebin with shaved cucumber and mint. We split nan o paneer (sirloin kabob) and a chicken kabob, along with a lentils salad. Finally we had martinis at an Irish bar because Pravda was closed. No, I did not get a tattoo!

Sunday we had brunch/lunch at Trattoria Nervosa and I had a funghi & formaggi pizza with mushrooms, prosciutto, gorgonzala goat cheese, and onions. SO good. Followed by yet more delicious coffee. Then we browsed and stalked celebrities in town for the Toronto Food Festival. Never saw them, just wasted time.

But the trip was not a waste of time. I remember thinking as we slowly walked along: slow down. You're going too fast. You're in a rush too often, and you don't take time to appreciate and savor and soak in the moment. The weekend went by far too quickly, and I don't know when I will see Michelle again. Luckily, Donna will be back, and I'm happy about that. But gosh, how long has it been since we were dorm neighbors. I looked at a few old photos last night, and I was both sad and bittersweet and happy at the same time. We had a fantastic weekend, and I am SO glad we did it.

No comments: