Monday, September 6, 2010

Shorter Nights

I took a peek outside around 7:30 and I noticed that the sun was already setting. Boo. I guess we're almost at the equinox, and the sun rises later and sets sooner. I hate it being dark so early. I like the evenings to run. I guess if anything will get me out of bed early, at least for a bit, it will be that fact. Though sheesh, where did the summer go?

It's Labor Day, and I'm tired of laboring. I did my Lincoln run, for the second time this weekend, despite the blisters. Boo to that. I did a little shopping, saw Steve at work, and read some of Empire of Liberty. Watching some of the very entertaining VA Tech vs. Boise. I do not want to go to work tomorrow.

Where did the summer go? We went to St. Lucia, in the most over-hyped vacation ever. Saw both of our nephews. I traveled more than I care to remember, from Chicago to NY to Connecticut to Miami to NC to San Francisco to San Diego. I forget when and where, it all blurs together. And Toronto is this weekend, which seems like the real end of the summer for me. Because football is starting, and then we have weddings and other Fall things to anticipate.

And early evenings, though lower temperatures, and races to run and pumpkin and apple to replace berries and melons. I haven't had an apple in forever. I am going to miss watermelon. I ate a lot of it this summer.

And schedule adjustments to make. Because summer is ending.

No comments: