Monday, September 17, 2007

Weekend Wedding

The wedding was very nice this weekend. It rained a bit on Friday, but at least it wasn't a torrential downpour. Lou Malnati really is the BEST pizza. Yummy, I could have eaten an entire pie. And then there were fruit pies, yummy!

Jenny was a beautiful bride, very emotional. Their vows were so full of heart. The after-party was about as informal as anything I've been too, though it certainly proves that you don't need a lot of $$ and all of the trimmings to have a party like that. Even the couple of toasts were just right.

I drove a new friend back, Doug. He was good company for the drive. Then off to Birmingham via BWI. The Ashcroft event was really neat--heck, I sat with Senator Sessions, Judge Pryor, Justice See, a US Attorney. I was a bit blown away. The word there is not pro-Giuliani, but no one seemed to have a strong feeling toward any of the candidates.

So our new AG will be Judge Michael Mulkasy. Even if he's solid--which by all accounts he is on the war on terror--I can't say I am thrilled.

No comments: