Thursday, September 6, 2007

Observations

Bye-bye Howie on Top Chef. Love Anthony Bourdain's column. The self-righteousness of the judges does get a bit annoying, but you know they edit this stuff to make it appear that way.

I'm still suffering through sore throat/mouth issues. Grr. At least my bug bites are healing. I'm almost ready to go for the all-natural organic remedies.

I did have a yummy hummus/feta pita from the Greek deli for lunch, though it was pricey. I have to get a frosty or something for this sore throat. I was definitely craving hummus. I think I'd eat mediterranean/middle eastern food every day if I could get away with it.

So Thompson finally got in last night. Some of the luster has been lost on him. Too much staff turnover. We have Giuliani speaking in November, seemingly. I still like Mitt Romney, though I don't think he's going to win. Maybe as Veep to Rudy. I just don't want to see Hillary or Oprah-endorsed Obama appointing our next Supreme Court justice.

Am loving the Josh Ritter CD. And Chasing Cars is now playing on Radio Paradise. That was the best song of 2006, no thanks to Grey's Anatomy.

So it is an interesting phenomenon that all of these college freshman meet each other at Facebook long before stepping foot on college campuses. I think Sara and I wrote letters, and we may have spoken on the phone once. How different things are now, only 13 years later! We have an AU intern here, and it's been 10+ years since I've been in that program. Yikes.

NFL seasons starts tonight. Indy vs. New Orleans.

No comments: