Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

I finally saw Knocked Up this weekend, in probably the last theater (Dupont Circle) showing it anywhere near DC, since it's already been out three weeks. It was good, a little too long. Very funny in parts, and very strikingly accurate in the way it portrays couples. A very not-subtle pro-life message. Of course someone would try to talk Alison into the "a-word" (and I don't mean adoption), and she nixed the idea. I still want to see Superbad!

California was a quick trip. Other than an inane experience with Hilton (not going there again!!), the trip to Mountain View was nice. The food at the reception--everything from hummus to Spanish to ravioli to a tasty salad--was terrific. Carolyn was barely showing, and she's about 5 months along. Just an itty bitty baby bump. Though I swear we were the only conservatives there. Her godmother (the SMC/ND grad) almost sneered at me when I said where I worked. And her dad was so disgruntled he moved to Canada!

This was a record fourth CA trip this year. Reagan Library in January, Napa in June, SF in August. I've lost track of my trips this year...Miami & Chicago in February; NYC, Chicago, Atlanta, WV in April-May; Boston and Kansas/Kansas City also in June. Not to mention the trips to Detroit. I will have to look into this tomorrow.

The real big news was U-M losing to I-AA Appalachian State. How embarrassing to lose like that in the Big House. Bye Lloyd Carr.

No comments: