Monday, January 14, 2013

Office Move

So for the first time in a decade, I've moved to a new work space. Granted, it's right next door, but I have a third window and lots more white space.  It's a little weird to get accustomed to. I am ordering a credenza and two new tall bookshelves, and that will enable me to have more of my conservative/legal books here. But I don't have any firm ideas on other things to order. I need artwork or photographs, and I've thought about printing some of our Uganda prints. I'm also thinking of some big maps or Michigan-related artwork. I should head to the National Gallery or National Geographic one day to check out the gift shops.

It's hard to decorate, and I think I am over-thinking things. But I spend 8-10+ hours a day here, and it should be a more comfortable place. I don't necessarily want a lamp, because I don't want it too comfortable here. But changes need to be made, and I need to be brash enough to make them!

No comments: