Friday, January 18, 2013

Traveling Begins

The first trip of the year was an overnight work trip to Boston. I really don't mind middle-of-the-week travel, I really do not. The weekend stuff...not so much. Losing the personal time to shop, clean, buy groceries, work out, go to church, etc. is a true loss. I'd much rather be at home. I'd much rather have control over my own schedule, my own diet. I get exhausted from the constant small talk and socializing, and then I drink too much, skip meals, and then that's all bad. But starting next week, travel season is in full force. Plus there are trips to Atlanta and Miami and probably Cincinnati, too. But that's life and why I get paid those "big bucks", right?

But I'll savor three days here, and I'm sure I will value the time, the personal time and the home time and the friend time. And I'll remember there was a time I never had traveled anywhere. It's been valuable and fulfilling to see LA, San Francisco, New York, New Orleans, Chicago, Houston, Austin, Dallas, Minneapolis, Philly, Milwaukee, Denver, Jackson, Birmingham, Louisville, Tallahassee, Baltimore, Columbus, Indianapolis, Topeka, Kansas City, Wichita, Phoenix, San Diego, and probably many others, for free, really. And still more yet to see...St. Louis, Cleveland, Madison, Pittsburgh, and others.

No comments: