Thursday, May 24, 2012

Veepstakes?

Speculation on who Romney's running mate will be is growing, and I'm with the author of this Real Clear Politics piece that Rob Portman does have the edge. And the Post also profiled him. I also recall that there is a close Romney advisor who is close to Portman, which might also give him an additional advantage.

So what if he's boring? He's competent, by all accounts a good person, a family man, and from the swing state of Ohio. And that would lend some interesting Michigan/Ohio correlation on the ticket, right?

There are certainly other compelling candidates...Paul Ryan, whom I like a lot; Chris Christie; Marco Rubio; a mystery woman (not Sarah Palin, but maybe Nikki Haley--eh; and an also ran like Rick Santorum. But I'd like to see someone experienced, competent, someone who knows economics...I'd be very pleased if it were Portman. Dare I say even a bit excited.

No comments: