Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May Days

May has always been a favorite month of mine.  Spring is in full swing, and it's Mother's Day/birthday time/graduation season etc. and just everything is in bloom and everyone is happy.  It's not yet the steamy summer and the days are nice and long. I always like to play the 10,000 Maniacs song "These Are Days" for that line about "when May is rushing over you...to be filled with desire...to be part of the miracles you see, in every hour...you know it's true...that you are blessed and lucky."

This months marks my 18th year after high school, which truly reflects half of my life lived before high school and half of my life as an adult, so to speak.  You know what stat I heard the other day that was scary? That it's now been twenty years since the Cosby Show went off the air.  Two decades! You can be 20 and have never been alive when a new Cosby show aired. Wow.

So not much of a point to all of this, except to say that I love May, and I love Spring.  And time is already going by so fast, and it's sure to be a busy summer....

No comments: