Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day

We had both a busy and a restful weekend. Barbeques with friends, including Moira and Bill and Jenny.  Dinners at home, including salmon pasta and fish tacos. Time on the couch, and lots of time at the gym.  Time watching TV and surfing the internet and just chilling.  Time gardening and time running errands.  And time not quite sleeping in.  And time remembering of those "who here gave their lives, that that nation might live."

The week will be busy, and it all starts at 5 a.m. tomorrow. Tonight it's dinner at Graffiato, which I am looking forward to! I'm just grateful that it is not a year ago, when we were about to move, right?

And today is dad's birthday...65.  I have a post about retirement, about how I feel about that, about the realization that I am getting old, and they are getting old, but that the years ahead will all be good ones.  I am not quite ready to write that just yet.


No comments: