Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Twenty Years Ago II

So it struck me that my twentieth "reunion" year at St. V's is this year. Twenty years. I've written about it before a bit in the facebook context, but I have not wanted to dwell on it. I prefer to focus on the here and now. But it's two decades, and that long since I've seen those facebook "friends."

It feels like another time, another era, so long ago but there are still so many incomplete or unresolved feelings about that time. Like the cliques of popularity still exist and I'm still an outsider, even though I would never want to be "in." And I shouldn't care, right?

You always want to be popular and have friends and share memories and I feel like I don't have that before 1994 or 1990. And as much as it shouldn't matter because my life is so much more fulfilling now and I've accomplished what is important to me, but at the same time I feel....unresolved. Not like you want to confront anyone exactly. Just have acknowledgment of something they probably have never lost a single night of sleep from.

Silly. Not so.

No comments: