Monday, April 26, 2010

Fun Weekend With Family

Had a really fun weekend with Paul and Megan. We started out on Friday at Good Stuff Eatery for burgers. They were quite good. I don't think I could eat this on a daily basis, or even weekly basis, but they were tasty. Then we walked...to the Capitol, to the American History Museum, to near the Washington Monument and the White House and back and forth for drinks until we finally arrived at Poste. We had a way strong Cosmo and white wine before heading home via metro to Eastern Market, where we picked up the car and headed to Harris Teeter for kabobs and more beer.

Saturday I dragged Paul on a 3+ mile run, and I outran him! I was nervous about weather all day, but it mostly held out. We made some pancakes and headed back out again. It drizzled a bit as we drove to the Lincoln Memorial and then we headed into Georgetown for the bulk of the afternoon. We did some shopping and had lunch at Pizzeria Paradiso. It was quite good. And I had another beer. Yes, lots of drinking.

And Saturday night was quite fun, too. We started with Caipirinhas at The Grill From Impanema
followed by a sushi dinner at Perry's. Then we shared wine flights at Veritas. Finally, we had to have a little Awesomeness at Little Miss Whiskey's. And of course, for sobering up food, my husband ordered a sandwich at Taylor's.

It was fun. Lots of stories, lots of drinking, lots of good time spent with my little brother and his wife. I really enjoyed myself, and I already miss them. We mostly went to old favorites, but I have to say, we really ate well. I was able to take them to some of my favorite bars and tried two places I've been meaning to try. So a good time was had by all.

No comments: