Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Music

All Songs Considered has a pretty helpful guide to new Spring music. I'm quite excited about the new Josh Ritter, Stars, and the National. Bloodbuzz Ohio is probably my favorite new tune yet in 2010. I think Sia has a new CD coming out, hopefully, along with Band of Horses. There are some CDs I'd like to pick up, maybe, but I'm not sold yet, like Rogue Wave. Anyway, lots of good tunes already in 2010 like Shout Out Louds and Freelance Whales (which are coming to the 9:30 Club; oh, I'd like to go!). I'm also a big fan now of Frightened Rabbit, of course, and listening to that a lot.

I need to do a better job of going to see some live music. It's a release, like running. It's an escape, a place to just get lost in the moment and the rhythm and the lyrics. Am I the only one who cares about the lyrics? I wish I could write like that.

No comments: